4.2.11

Miniature Pinscher's Feet Smell Like Fritos Corn Chips

Many of you might have noticed that your Min Pins feet smell like a bag of Fritos corn chips! I actually kind of like the smell but if you are wondering why they smell that way I have listed a couple of reasons below.
  • The fillers in the dog food are made with corn and salt, which make the dog smell like fritos because the dog can't digest veggies.  To reduce this smell, either get a higher quality food, or switch to prey-model-raw.
  • Yeast in paws may cause a smell. You may not see the yeast at all but it is there, which is from the moisture that is trapped within the cracks of their paws.  Most dogs will take care of the problem by licking their paws.  To reduce this smell, I suggest wiping their paws down after walking outside.
  • If your dog is paper trained and walks on the pee pad, that may cause a corn type of smell on the dogs feet.  Most dogs will take care of the problem by licking their paws.  To reduce this smell, I suggest wiping their paws down throughout the day.
Most of the time the corn chip smell is tolerable and really isn't a major concern when it comes to the health of the dog.  Like most Miniature Pinscher owners, I have actually grown to enjoy the smell and sometimes find myself hugging my furbaby and taking in a loving sniff of the corn chips.  Now on occasions my nose has encountered a nose full of rancid Cheese Puffs, which means it is time for a bath :-)

UPDATE:
Since Not Not has been on a new kibble that is a hypoallergenic dog food she no longer smells like Fritos.  I kind of miss my frito smelling pup, but I am glad she no longer has problems with itchy skin.


(I don't want to take a bath)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment